- Master of Technology Education (M.Tech)
The following categories of candidates may be admitted on application
- Graduates of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka or of other approved universities who have obtained at least a second-class honours degree or its equivalent in:
- Home Economics Education
Graduates of related disciplines such as Engineering, Home Economics, Textile Technology, Fashion Designing, Home and Rural Economics, Clothing Technology, Business Administration, Plastic Technology, Computer Sciences and different areas of Agriculture, who have obtained a second class honour degree or its equivalent, and who have in addition a Post-Graduate Diploma in Technical Education (PGDTE), passed at credit level and above.
- Holders of the Higher National Diploma who have in addition obtained a Post- Graduate Diploma in Technical Education at credit level or above.
- Other Graduates of the University of Nigeria, or of other recognized universities whose detailed academic records are considered satisfactory by the Senate of the University of Nigeria.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
Candidates who possess a Masters or Higher degree in any area of Home Economics and Hospitality Management from the University of Nigeria or other approved universities may be admitted into the Doctor of Philosophy Programme provided that they obtained a minimum GPA of 3.50 on a 5-point scale or 3.00 on a 4-point scale and that a satisfactory research work formed part of the Master’s
Candidates who hold other qualifications may be admitted into the Doctor of Philosophy programme if their detailed academic records are satisfactory to the Senate of the University.