4-year degree programme:
Credits in any five subjects which must include: English Language, Agricultural Science or Biology or Animal Husbandry or Fishery plus at least a pass in Chemistry in SSCE/GCE (O/L), NECO/NABTEB or their equivalent, obtained in not more than two sittings.
(b) Direct Entry (DE)
3-year degree programme:
- A pass in NCE Agricultural Science plus, at least, a pass in O/L Chemistry.
- GCE A/L pass in any two of the following: Agricultural Science, Chemistry, Physics, Botany, Zoology, Mathematics and Economics.
- National Diploma (ND) or Diploma from any recognized Nigerian School of Agriculture, or Faculty of Agriculture of any recognized University.
Candidates with University Diploma at a minimum of Merit level, in the following disciplines listed below and who possess the University minimum entry requirements plus, at least a pass in Chemistry at SSCE/GCE (O/L)/NECO/NABTEB may be considered for Direct Entry admission but will run a 4-year programme:
- Diploma in Computer Education or Computer Science
- Diploma in Social Work
- Diploma in Adult Education
- Diploma in Environmental Protection and Management