INDUSTRIAL TECHNICAL EDUCATION ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
4-Year Degree Programme
- The candidate must possess five O/level credits, which must include English Language, Physics or Mathematics in WASC/SSCE/GCE (O/L) or NECO Examination/NABTEB, obtained in not more than two sittings.
- City and Guilds intermediate plus credit in Mathematics or Physics in WASC/SSCE/GCE (O/L) NABTEB.
- National Technical Certificate.
- WASC Technical Certificate.
(b) Direct Entry (DE)
3-Year Degree Programme
- A minimum of ND (Engineering civil, Mechanical/Production, Electrical/Electronics, Building/Wood) – what level of pass?
- Distinction, credit or merit in NCE (Technical).
- City and Guilds final or Engineering Technicians part II Certificate.
- National Diploma in related technology Education.
Graduates of the degree programme in Industrial Technical Education will obtain employment as teachers in secondary schools, technical colleges, polytechnics and colleges of education. The programme is geared towards the fulfilment of the need for professionally qualified technical teachers who can impart technical knowledge and vocational skills to their students and thereby contribute to the economic development of Nigeria. The following secondary and technical school subjects will be taught by graduates of the various programmes in Industrial Technical Education: Introductory Technology in junior secondary schools, Technical Drawing, Woodwork, Metalwork, Applied Electricity, Electronics, Building Construction and Auto-mechanics in senior secondary schools and technical colleges.